Thursday, August 20, 2009

Daily Devotions- Day 1

So I have decided to share with yall the reading that I have been doing. Ive decided to post on here every day what I read out of the "Daily Whispers of Wisdom for Single Moms". Now it says for "Single" moms, but really any mom would and could appreciate the encouragement that the daily devotionals hold. A very special friend gave this to me to help ease my troubles when things recently went array with kearstyn. When she was released from school and I was left having to find a new school and a new job all at once! Talk about stress and anxiety. However, God showed up and took care of it all! She is in a wonderful school and I am starting an amazing teaching job! God is awesome. I hope these daily devotionals will touch yall the way they are me.
Have a great day!

Day 1- My Thirsty Soul

Let's face it, single motherhood provides us little leisure time. Days slip away from us until we find ourselves falling exhausted into bed often, without having spent any time with the Lord. But our connection with God through prayer and Bible study is an absolute neccessity.
God doesn't expect us to spend three hours a day in intense prayer or devote an entire evening to an in-depth study of the Bible's original Hebrew and Greek words. But He does ask for a little of the time we have. If the only "alone moments" we can offer Him are during our drive time to work, He'll take them!
Finding quiet time with God is crucial for our spiritual, mental, even physical health. Let's think of our alone time with Him as a period of refreshing for whatever strength, wisdom, or encouragement we'll need to succeed in the day before us.
The psalmist describes a "dry and weary land, " ready to absorb an evening rain or morning dew. What a picture of our lives, eagerly awaiting our Lord's life-giving sustenance.

Prayer: Lord, though I truly need You, I'm not always quick to recognize that truth. Cause me to see that You alone meet my deepest needs. Then shower me with Your living water and refresh my spirit until my cup overflows.

1 comment:

  1. That is great! Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you're starting to share these devotions. They will be really nice to read each day. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete